ATA Trapper Talk
November 12, 2019, 04:23:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2019 TRAPPERS WORKSHOP OCT. 25-27

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Petit Jean State Park  (Read 217 times)
Wayne Watson
Administrator
Trapper

ATA President

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2019, 06:34:59 PM »

Here is a very rudimentary view of the new rec hall at Petit Jean State Park.  The multipurpose room will be 25' x 64' (1,600 sq. ft.).  I'm not convinced it will be big enough to allow vendors inside along with tables and chairs to feed people and hold a membership meeting.  The "kitchen" is a catering kitchen so it will be simple with no oven or stove top.  Being new, there is no telling what they will charge to use it.

I would love for the ATA to return to Petit Jean but the ATA must approach it as a business decision.  If it turns out that our needs are met, I will lobby the Arkansas State Parks for a reduced rate.

Roy Woods
Trapper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 07:12:51 PM »

While the special use facility at Mayflower was large enough for the number of attendees that we had last weekend, we need to also think of something that will accommodate everyone when the trapping interest picks up, i.e; higher prices.  And I'm like you, Wayne, it would be nice if the vendors could be inside, as you mentioned.  Finding something that is centrally located, which we can afford now, and that will meet our future needs is a challenge. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: