ATA Trapper Talk
November 13, 2019, 05:03:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PLEASE SUPPORT OUR VENDORS WHO SUPPORT OUR FORUM

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The struggle is REAL  (Read 1619 times)
Trav821
Administrator
Trapper

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2016, 09:41:24 PM »

I figured I would start a thread about the introduced bills facing trappers without cutting another thread to pieces.
There are always Bills being introduced that threaten the way of the sportsman.
I know of a few that will effect or infect trapping and a trappers need to be connected to the earth.
We have discussed a few here lately I thought id introduce you to the introduced bills. I intended to do this a few days ago my internets (satellite) have been kinda slow lately.

Of course the ominous HR 5560 which is a ridiculous proposition to fine the transport and/or possesion of traps.

HR 2016= Banning connibears in national wildlife refuge system. On most of arkansas NWR you need special permit. But some dont allow trapping at all. Those trappers that use the few that do allow it could suffer loss of important trapping grounds.
Those that could eventually be affected :
Cache river
Dale bumpers white river nwr
Fesenthal
Overflow
Pond creek
The literature says possesing traps within the system =$1000 fine + forfeiture of everything in possesion

HR 5954 LIFT or limiting inhumane federal trapping for public safety act
I THINK this is trying to put a stop to federal employees trapping..
Alot of people in this industry think that would be the greatest thing ever and they may be right, but you should also look at this from the view point of anti trapping.

A few of these are quite dated but I think its important to be aware just in case they come back to the surface

« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 10:32:46 PM by Trav821 » Logged
Roy Woods
Trapper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 08:45:22 AM »

Thanks, Travis.  This is good information that many of us trappers, such as myself, are simply unaware of.  Keep up the good work.   
Danny N
Trapper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 11:20:13 AM »

yes sir good stuff
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: