ATA Trapper Talk
November 12, 2019, 08:46:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2019 TRAPPERS WORKSHOP OCT. 25-27

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Skunk put up ?  (Read 1472 times)
Trav821
Administrator
Trapper

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2016, 04:35:04 PM »

I've been trying to catch a few skunks for some of the byproducts to play with in the off season. I finally got a beauty today. Should the saddle stay on for the finished product? Its unbelievably fat under there, so it's almost a must, or it's going to end up a greasy mess.
Trapper 326
Global Moderator
Trapper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 12:18:34 PM »

Flesh it down like you would a coon.
Trav821
Administrator
Trapper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 02:54:08 PM »

Thank you, I went ahead and did it that way. I could not in good conscious leave it that way. So good to know for next time anyway. It's been a few years since I caught any. I got a good bit of quill and almost 2 pints of fat to render down this summer. Hope to catch a few more before seasons end.i believe late January-February is their breeding season, if not that's sure when I see a bunch dead on the road. its a great time to carry a few syringes and a glass container......but only in the wife's ride LOL
JLJ
Trapper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 12:00:15 AM »

Thank you, I went ahead and did it that way. I could not in good conscious leave it that way. So good to know for next time anyway. It's been a few years since I caught any. I got a good bit of quill and almost 2 pints of fat to render down this summer. Hope to catch a few more before seasons end.i believe late January-February is their breeding season, if not that's sure when I see a bunch dead on the road. its a great time to carry a few syringes and a glass container......but only in the wife's ride LOL

Put that glass jar of quill in the middle of a gallon paint can filled with sand, hammer the can top on really tight, take your wife out for a steak dinner and you may not have to sleep in the fur shed.   popcorn

Just an old geezer having fun.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: