ATA Trapper Talk
December 15, 2019, 09:32:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PLEASE SUPPORT OUR VENDORS WHO SUPPORT OUR FORUM

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If your have problems with 2 night at Petit Jean  (Read 7607 times)
Wayne Watson
Administrator
Trapper

ATA President

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2015, 03:54:03 PM »

Remind them of the text in red.

I visited with the Mather Lodge manager this morning while checking out and they plan to offer the same relaxed rule they did for us this year.  As it stands now, the two night minimum will be relaxed for next year.  I will confirm with the Director of Arkansas State Parks tomorrow but I don't foresee a problem.  They like us being there.

Well, that didn't take long.  Below is the email I received from Kimberly Rowe:

"Mr. Watson,
After speaking with the park staff and the Director of Arkansas State Parks it has been determined that the two night minimum will be waived for this event.
If you have any further questions or concerns please contact Park Superintendent Joe Buckley at joe.buckley@arkansas.gov or 501-727-5441"

Be sure when you call to let them know you are with the ATA.

dob
Trapper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 06:50:52 PM »

Why is it always petite jean?Huh?

Move it around for crying out loud!!!!!!!

Denvil Brown
Arkiefur
Trapper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 06:39:28 AM »

I think the state and AGFC treats us pretty decent and I personally like to see our support going to the state parks and forest service (Clearfork)  instead of a private enterprise. 
Wayne Watson
Administrator
Trapper

ATA President

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 08:11:33 AM »

I think the state and AGFC treats us pretty decent and I personally like to see our support going to the state parks and forest service (Clearfork)  instead of a private enterprise. 

I completely agree.

Wayne Watson
Administrator
Trapper

ATA President

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 08:21:23 AM »

Why is it always petite jean?Huh?

Move it around for crying out loud!!!!!!!

Become a member of the ATA, find a place you'd like to see the convention, submit it to the BOD and it will be given consideration.  You are a current member of the ATA, correct?

However, the ATA has been at Petit Jean for how many years?  20, 25?  Everyone knows the fall convention is the second Saturday of September at Petit Jean.  The State obviously likes us there...thus the reason of waiving the two night minimum for us.

The Spring Convention was created so it could move around the different districts. 

kkac
TRAP DEALER-BEAVER CATCHER
Global Moderator
Trapper

TIGHT CHAINS AND COOL WEATHER

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 12:50:41 PM »

we vote every year at the convention on the spring and fall conventions and petit jean has won every year.
next year will be at petit jean also, because you have to have an aproved site set up in order to move it.
we've checked in to moving a convention to hot springs, way to much.
we've checked into a few locations, i know arkadelphia would be happy but the dates would have to be checked on.
most likely central located place would be benton event center or maybe conway, well then your right back in the morrilton - petit jean area where its usually a little cooler on the mountain.
you have large cities all over the state that could house us, but the main thing is what area can we get that doesn't have a fair at that time and we also need people not only to ask about where we can move it to but also help with the work that goes on before and after.
at this time we couldn't have it out east because there's no representation.
come to the convention and cast your vote and do the work..........

TIGHT CHAINS AND COOL WEATHER
Wayne Watson
Administrator
Trapper

ATA President

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 01:56:43 PM »

we vote every year at the convention on the spring and fall conventions and petit jean has won every year.
next year will be at petit jean also, because you have to have an aproved site set up in order to move it.
we've checked in to moving a convention to hot springs, way to much.
we've checked into a few locations, i know arkadelphia would be happy but the dates would have to be checked on.
most likely central located place would be benton event center or maybe conway, well then your right back in the morrilton - petit jean area where its usually a little cooler on the mountain.
you have large cities all over the state that could house us, but the main thing is what area can we get that doesn't have a fair at that time and we also need people not only to ask about where we can move it to but also help with the work that goes on before and after.
at this time we couldn't have it out east because there's no representation.
come to the convention and cast your vote and do the work..........

Very good points.  And if something falls through the crack, chances are good that Petit Jean would be booked and we could not get back in very easily.

I think the fall convention needs to stay at Petit Jean and move the Spring Convention around.  All three Spring Conventions have been very successful.

Trav821
Administrator
Trapper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 08:23:31 PM »

What's the budget on the convention? If someone where to look they'd sure need some guidelines to stay within. I'll drive where ever. But if you want more vendors at an event like this you should either look for a bigger facility or look into tents or the like. If you have no interest in attracting new vendors, you really have no problem with the same ole same ole. If anything needs to be moved in my opinion it's the workshop. If you guys would talk about a rate increase of the workshop at the bod meeting, maybe it would offset the cost of better accommodations. it seems like it should be a goal to atleast break even on expenses for an event like that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: