ATA Trapper Talk
February 25, 2020, 02:07:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PLEASE SUPPORT OUR VENDORS WHO SUPPORT OUR FORUM

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trappers survey  (Read 4764 times)
Wayne Watson
Administrator
Trapper

ATA President

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2015, 07:54:37 PM »

No idea about what's to gain. Maybe someone thought the AVERAGE of fur quality would go up from the state. Resulting in a trapper population explosion. In turn adding oodles in licencing revenue and out of state trappers coming in and boosting local economies.  Doh! LOL LOL

If it were to start later but also end later as kkac stated would you feel the same? since season would still be the same length just shifted. I start early also so I'm no one to bash on someone else that does. My season is highly limited by work and I love trapping so I try to be in field as often as allowed. So you can sum up my opinion and the more this plays out the more I can agree with coonman, opinions probably aren't a good place in regulation making, not that they'd listen to a bunch of trappers in the first place anyway.

I agree with coonman.  However, trappers need to need to be proactive instead of reactive.  Email Blake Sasse at Blake.Sasse@agfc.ar.gov with any question or concerns.

cooperduke
Trapper

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2015, 07:50:07 AM »

ok guys and gals in my opinion you are opening a can of worms ,don't want to step on any toes but lets really think this out--every thing the ark game and fish touches ,it screws up in some kind of way.we don't need to give them any more reasons to change anything ,at the end of the day ,as it stands what is wrong with the season.......NOTHING if you don't want to trap early due to poor fur then don't if you want to catch yotes in august when it opens, then more power to you . but  overall in the climate that we live in and no more trappers that are out there .and for the money the fur is worth at this point .it is my opinion to leave the agfc and the lawmakers out of something that is not really broken.please think this out with a clear mind just my opinion... 
Terry Clark
Trapper

Biskits!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2015, 08:53:11 AM »

Well said, leave well enough alone. Don't stir the pot and it won't stink. StirPot
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: