ATA Trapper Talk
December 15, 2019, 10:28:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATA TRAPPER TALK CODE OF ETHICS

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 Fall Convention  (Read 46625 times)
kkac
TRAP DEALER-BEAVER CATCHER
Global Moderator
Trapper

TIGHT CHAINS AND COOL WEATHER

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2014, 09:19:09 PM »

I would like to put this out there.

every year its put to a vote where to have the fall convention and it keeps getting voted against moving it from petit jean,, if you are even thinking about your area hosting a fall or spring convention, you need to have your ducks in a row before Saturday and show what area and building or buildings you have.

Wayne Watson
Administrator
Trapper

ATA President

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2014, 07:47:37 AM »

I would like to put this out there.

every year its put to a vote where to have the fall convention and it keeps getting voted against moving it from petit jean,, if you are even thinking about your area hosting a fall or spring convention, you need to have your ducks in a row before Saturday and show what area and building or buildings you have.

The fall convention needs to stay in one location...Petite Jean.  The spring convention can move around the state (and be successful) but the fall convention is known by all that it takes place on the second Saturday of September at Petite Jean.

kkac
Global Moderator
Trapper

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2014, 03:09:57 PM »

I'm just saying for those districts that have said they want to host the fall convention.

we vote every year at the meeting where to have it and petit jean wins every year.

i do have a question

we have twice the people that we did have coming to petit jean.
we have twice the venders/tail gaters

can you tell me an inclement weather setup that if a storm/rain were to hit on the mountain on our convetion date that everyone would be ok with.
just so we'll know what to expect, i mean according to the weather we missed it by one day this year.

Wayne Watson
Administrator
Trapper

ATA President

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2014, 03:31:12 PM »

I would say the vendors need to invest in a few canopies.  Or set up a small area inside if it rains...maybe a table or two.  They certainly couldn't set up 6 or 8 tables.

kkac
Global Moderator
Trapper

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2014, 07:30:08 PM »

just wanted to see where we stood.

Wayne Watson
Administrator
Trapper

ATA President

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2014, 07:57:22 PM »

just wanted to see where we stood.

It's not about where "we" stand.  That is just my opinion.  It sounds like something the BOD should discuss tomorrow night.  I'm good with whatever the Board decides.

Trav821
Administrator
Trapper

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2014, 08:20:11 PM »

I like petit jean. It's a nice place. I'm also not opposed to moving it, if it sucks you can see told you so and you only wasted a year. I also think making the vendors fend for themselves would be a poor decision. I know DIRECTLY the ATA doesn't gain much by the vendors being present....they are hopefully making money, but indirectly vendors that come may attract someone that doesn't know trapping or the ATA.I understand the main reason for a convention is to have the meeting. But new members (I mean sign up at the convention new)don't care to much about old business. I always hear we want more people to come we want NEW people to come. Well why do they come? Demos and vendors would most likely be top of the list. To me that equals needing to take care and attract more and diverse vendors to attract new and diverse members. I don't mean complete off the wall vendors. But just about every trapper I have ever meet is into something else besides trapping. Surely someone can think of something. All is IMO
Wayne Watson
Administrator
Trapper

ATA President

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2014, 08:45:38 PM »

I like petit jean. It's a nice place. I'm also not opposed to moving it, if it sucks you can see told you so and you only wasted a year. I also think making the vendors fend for themselves would be a poor decision. I know DIRECTLY the ATA doesn't gain much by the vendors being present....they are hopefully making money, but indirectly vendors that come may attract someone that doesn't know trapping or the ATA.I understand the main reason for a convention is to have the meeting. But new members (I mean sign up at the convention new)don't care to much about old business. I always hear we want more people to come we want NEW people to come. Well why do they come? Demos and vendors would most likely be top of the list. To me that equals needing to take care and attract more and diverse vendors to attract new and diverse members. I don't mean complete off the wall vendors. But just about every trapper I have ever meet is into something else besides trapping. Surely someone can think of something. All is IMO

Travis, I agree with most of what you said with a couple of exceptions.

It would take two years to move it from Petite Jean. We typically have to reserve Petite Jean for the next year...the second Saturday of September a year in advance.

Now, you may ask why it would take 2 years?  If someone submitted a place but it turns out, for whatever reason, does not work out, we may very well not be able to come back to Petite Jean on the second Saturday of September.  We would lose our spot.

A new site needs to be looked at by more than one person to make sure there are plenty of camp sites, local motels, buildings, etc.  A proposed location should be submitted to the BOD which would then visit the site, talk to the owners and make sure it had everything we need.  Very much like District 1 did for the Spring Convention.

But as said before, I am open to whatever the BOD decides.

Owen
Trapper

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2014, 08:49:47 PM »

Petite Jean is so much better than Mayflower was in the old days.
kkac
Global Moderator
Trapper

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2014, 07:16:00 AM »

god yes owen, lets don't go back there.

bluefoxx
Trapper

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2014, 07:27:01 PM »

Had a wonderful time always enjoy it.
kkac
Global Moderator
Trapper

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2014, 10:00:56 PM »

I had a great time today, met some trappers I didn't and a lots I did.

sorry I left abrupt, or quick after loading up but my sister-n-law of 37 years laid down to take a nap this morning at 10:00 and never woke up.

neotoxo
Trapper

"I'LL GIVE AS GOOD AS I GET"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2014, 08:54:44 AM »

sorry I left abrupt, or quick after loading up but my sister-n-law of 37 years laid down to take a nap this morning at 10:00 and never woke up.

Sorry for your loss, will keep your family in our prayers..

Proud Member of
East Arkansas Fur Takers, FTA Chapter 29B
SWAFT, FTA 29A
Arkansas Trappers Association
NTA,FTA,USSA
Supporting All Trappers and Sportsmen Alike
TL_Wasson
Mid-Ark Trappers
Trapper

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2014, 09:37:29 AM »

I just want to shout out to ALL the workers, and wives who made the meals and took care of the details this weekend.   saturday was a blur of working and i didn't get to visit as much as i wanted, but i just wanted to say a sincere thank you to all of you who work so hard to help, plan, and pull off the greatest time in a while...  Weather was Perfect!   see yall on the line... 

TL

a good friend once told me: "Traps are patient and work 24 hours a day."
Wayne Watson
Administrator
Trapper

ATA President

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2014, 03:12:07 PM »

So sorry to hear that, Tim.  You and your family have our prayers.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: