ATA Trapper Talk
November 13, 2019, 04:55:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PLEASE SUPPORT OUR VENDORS WHO SUPPORT OUR FORUM

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 Fall Convention  (Read 46227 times)
Wayne Watson
Administrator
Trapper

ATA President

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2013, 07:50:53 PM »

The 2014 Arkansas Trappers Association Convention will be held on Friday, September 12, 2014 and Saturday,
September 13, 2014 at Petit Jean State Park. Convention activities will be centered around the Recreation Hall which is located just north of the Visitors Center right next to Lake Bailey.

Admission
Admission to the convention is FREE to members and non-members. If you’re not a member of ATA or your membership has expired, you can become a member at the convention. ATA T-shirts, hats, sweatshirts, cookbook and other merchandise will be for sale.

Friday Night September 12th
Friday night will start off the weekend with a meal at 6:30pm. The main course, side dishes and drink are supplied, just bring your appetite. A Board of Directors meeting will be held directly afterwards.

All Day Saturday September 13th
All day Saturday you can look forward to: Trapping Demonstrations, Kids and Ladies Activities, Vendors, Tailgaters,
Potluck Lunch, 2014 General Business Meeting, Awards Ceremony and Auction.

Saturday Schedule of Events

8:30am – Recreation Hall opens
Vendor booths and tailgater area open for business

DEMONSTRATION SCHEDULE TO BE DETERMINED

12:00 noon – Potluck Lunch
DETAILS TO BE ANNOUNCED

1:00pm – General Membership meeting

2:30pm (or following membership meeting)
Awards ceremony for Mr. and Mrs. Trapper and Trapper of the Year.
Please be considering your nominations

3:00pm (or following awards ceremony)
Auction of items donated by vendors and ATA members, proceeds go to ATA.
During the auction there will be raffles from your door ticket and other raffle chances

4:30pm (or following the auction) – Cleanup!
Volunteers are needed to stack tables and chairs and cleanup the hall

Accommodations
Mather Lodge is open. All 24 guest rooms and other facilities at the lodge are now open. There are also 33 cabins and 125 campsites available for rent. Call 1-800-264-2462 for lodge and cabin reservations, 501-727-5441 for campground reservations. Dardenelle, Russellville and Morrilton may have hotel rooms available.

If you have any questions or care to be a vendor, contact Charlie Bass at (870) 698-1154 or at the District 2 Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/291175601039332/
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 08:14:18 PM by Wayne Watson » Logged

Wayne Watson
Administrator
Trapper

ATA President

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 08:30:56 PM »

Thumbs Up!

bblair
Trapper

501-575-0046

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 05:26:39 PM »

Do you know what kind of things the lady's and kid will be doing? . It was brought up at our chapter meeting last night. And as we talked we found that it would hold more folks there longer if we made better plans to give the kids and lady's something to do besides just watching us stinky trappers talk about trapping..........

Back stabbers are everywhere always watch your back
Wayne Watson
Administrator
Trapper

ATA President

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 05:55:48 PM »

Do you know what kind of things the lady's and kid will be doing? . It was brought up at our chapter meeting last night. And as we talked we found that it would hold more folks there longer if we made better plans to give the kids and lady's something to do besides just watching us stinky trappers talk about trapping..........

I've several things.  Kids: Sack racing, pin the tail on the coon, trap setting contest, egg toss (moms love this)...all kinds of things for kids.

Ladies:  Skillet throwing, trap setting contest.

Knowing the women in your chapter, I bet there were some good ideas.  Ms. Claudine has great ideas for kids' activities.  What was discussed?

Trav821
Administrator
Trapper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 04:25:57 PM »

Dutch oven cooking demo....mmmmmm. How neat it would be to get ms Phillis to do that demo. Also we voted for chapter pres, vice pres, secretary/treasure. We voted unanimously for all three positions. Bobby B. As president, Travis P. as vice , and mrs. Karen to remain secretary seeing as how she does such a wonderful job we even voted to double her salary LOL
As for games for convention have you ever seen people playing redneck horse shoes??? It's where you play horse shoes with those toilet seats that don't have a front.... Looks like a silly good time to me.
Wayne Watson
Administrator
Trapper

ATA President

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 05:12:05 PM »

Dutch oven cooking demo....mmmmmm. How neat it would be to get ms Phillis to do that demo. Also we voted for chapter pres, vice pres, secretary/treasure. We voted unanimously for all three positions. Bobby B. As president, Travis P. as vice , and mrs. Karen to remain secretary seeing as how she does such a wonderful job we even voted to double her salary LOL
As for games for convention have you ever seen people playing redneck horse shoes??? It's where you play horse shoes with those toilet seats that don't have a front.... Looks like a silly good time to me.

Great to hear!  Good ideas for convention activities!

bblair
Trapper

501-575-0046

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 10:55:26 AM »

I was thanking of doing something different with the kits for kids. I would like to still have the trapping kits for them but make the age older and adding some kind of kits for the younger ones. This way the young ones get something more towards their age group.  When we figure it out I will let everyone know so we can get approval before the convention.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 10:57:34 AM by bblair » Logged

Back stabbers are everywhere always watch your back
kkac
TRAP DEALER-BEAVER CATCHER
Global Moderator
Trapper

TIGHT CHAINS AND COOL WEATHER

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 10:00:12 PM »

I'm not forsure who's approval you need, well I take that back I always asked the associations president.
the ata use to do traps for kids years ago and when they quit we kept it going, but we only give one bucket of supplies away.
just put some stuff together for different age groups or however you want to do it and everyone should be ok with it.

TIGHT CHAINS AND COOL WEATHER
Wayne Watson
Administrator
Trapper

ATA President

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 07:34:18 AM »

I'm not forsure who's approval you need, well I take that back I always asked the associations president.
the ata use to do traps for kids years ago and when they quit we kept it going, but we only give one bucket of supplies away.
just put some stuff together for different age groups or however you want to do it and everyone should be ok with it.

Agreed.  I can't see anyone having a problem with it.

Trav821
Administrator
Trapper

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 01:31:42 PM »

I think it would be neat to have someone do a root demo maybe Danny Roland? His name and number are at the top of the forum page every other time I log in. What to look for how to care for them etc etc I dig a little during spring but sure would like to see something like that or learn how to put a beaver up on traditional wooden hoop?? Something different. I also think it might be a good idea to have fall demos aimed at trapping,(classic)  and maybe spring demos for off season stuff, trap prep, mod, bait and lure making, the root stuff, games, more of a celebration of another good season under the belt.
Wayne Watson
Administrator
Trapper

ATA President

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2014, 01:12:07 PM »

I think it would be neat to have someone do a root demo maybe Danny Roland? His name and number are at the top of the forum page every other time I log in. What to look for how to care for them etc etc I dig a little during spring but sure would like to see something like that or learn how to put a beaver up on traditional wooden hoop?? Something different. I also think it might be a good idea to have fall demos aimed at trapping,(classic)  and maybe spring demos for off season stuff, trap prep, mod, bait and lure making, the root stuff, games, more of a celebration of another good season under the belt.

I'd like to see a demo on roots as well.

HSHAW
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 07:54:37 AM »

Got a knife maker wanting to set up at convention.
Wayne Watson
Administrator
Trapper

ATA President

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2014, 10:41:24 AM »

Got a knife maker wanting to set up at convention.

Tell him to come on and set up if he'll donate to the auction.

Wayne Watson
Administrator
Trapper

ATA President

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 06:05:58 PM »

From the paper Sunday.

"The Arkansas Trappers Association Fall Convention will be held Sept. 12-13 at the Petit Jean State Park recreation hall.

Admission to the convention is free to members and non-members.

Activities will include trapping demonstrations, activities for women and children, and tailgating. Vendors will have trapping-related items to sell.

There will also be general business meeting, an awards ceremony and auction.

The Recreation Hall is north of the state park visitor center, next to Lake Bailey.

More information is available by contacting Charlie Bass at (870) 698-1154."

They will get the SE Regional in there when it's closer to time.

Wayne Watson
Administrator
Trapper

ATA President

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2014, 08:04:54 PM »

Looks like pretty good weather this year.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=35.15334023496496&lon=-92.7449657730512&site=all&smap=1#.VA5RvRZzuMV

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: