ATA Trapper Talk
December 15, 2019, 08:47:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATA TRAPPER TALK CODE OF ETHICS

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new cubby  (Read 3716 times)
rigdoc37
« on: September 26, 2012, 02:25:02 AM »

I read an article last year about a guy who used a newspaper tube with a coni 160. then i saw an add in another magazine for the company that makes them. www.continentalproducts.com  so I decided i would try them out and ordered a dozen of the route master size. i think they were about 6 or 7 dollars per tube. they came the next day and cut the side slots for my coni 160's and tried them out. they worked great for coons and grinners and caught a few skunks. they come in black unless you want a different color. no more buckets yee ha. these boxes fit the 160 like a glove, they are light weight, stackable and the trap jumps perfectly out of the box if you cut the slots correctly. they are easy to conceal if you want to do that. i guess this sounds like an advertisement. dont mean it that way just wanted to pass along a good tool to you fellow trappers.
neotoxo
Trapper

"I'LL GIVE AS GOOD AS I GET"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 09:36:03 AM »

pix
PIX
PIX!

King    7.0"    8.0"    20.0"
Most widely used my mid-to large-circulation publications              

RouteMaster    8.5"    9.25"    21.5"
Used by larger metropolitan publications              

Do you think the King would be a better fit or TOO tight?

Proud Member of
East Arkansas Fur Takers, FTA Chapter 29B
SWAFT, FTA 29A
Arkansas Trappers Association
NTA,FTA,USSA
Supporting All Trappers and Sportsmen Alike
rigdoc37
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 05:31:59 PM »

the route master is the best because that measurement is the outer most measurement. by the time you get the trap set into the box it is well under the top lip of the box i am out of time but will try to get my wife to get some pix so i can post them
neotoxo
Trapper

"I'LL GIVE AS GOOD AS I GET"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 07:49:53 PM »

I looked at the site and like the size...it is deep enough you can set a 160 in it far enough back to keep most dogs out of it and if they did manage to set it off it should only whack them on the nose...

Wonder what the optimum depth would be to still catch the big boar coons but still keep most dogs out of it   Undecided

Proud Member of
East Arkansas Fur Takers, FTA Chapter 29B
SWAFT, FTA 29A
Arkansas Trappers Association
NTA,FTA,USSA
Supporting All Trappers and Sportsmen Alike
woodsnwater
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 04:54:08 AM »

Often wonder that. Like smaller tubes for 110s.
kkac
TRAP DEALER-BEAVER CATCHER
Global Moderator
Trapper

TIGHT CHAINS AND COOL WEATHER

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 05:21:03 PM »

while running beaver traps today i saw a red bucket in the open woods to my left. i thought now thats a good spot for a bucket set right in between 8 or 9 pin oak tree's loaded with acorns.
when going over to check the bucket out and to make sure its good enough to take home and use for something.
oh crap half a dogs body is outside the bucket and he's just laying there. it seems to me someone fixed a bucket up to keep raccoons away from their feeder, this was what i was thinking. i couldn't see how they had the conibear and what size it was, because this was a 5 gallon bucket.
i kicked the bucket hard enough to kick the carcus out of the way, because its been hot and i'm sure a dead dog stinks right about now.
s--t he ran one way and i ran the other, after we both got about a 100 yards apart we stopped and looked at one another and tried to figure out what happen.
well the 5 gallon red bucket was the dogs home or shape spot. no trap was set anywhere around there and the bucket looked like someone might have carried some feed of some kind for deer and i guess the dog licked it clean and fell asleep.
the onl bad part of the hole thing is i lost 2 years off my life. LOL LOL

kkac
Global Moderator
Trapper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 05:22:05 PM »

didn't mean to high jack, just thought this was a good spot for the mishap. Blah, blah, blah

TL_Wasson
Mid-Ark Trappers
Trapper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 07:37:29 PM »

LOL LOL LOL

I am getting a mental image of your fat  butt running!@  LOL    Smiley

and that dog come running out of there!!   

can't quit laughing,   just woke the cat up!!     

Smiley!   

TL

a good friend once told me: "Traps are patient and work 24 hours a day."
Gary D. Gray
Wish like heck I knew what I was doing!
Trapper

I would rather be trapping! Are we there yet?????

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 07:54:27 PM »

Hey T L can you just imagine what that poor dog was thinking.  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Now that would be funny. Seeing Tim standing there kicking at him.

Lifetime member of Arkansas Trappers Association, member of SWAFT, member of NTA, member of FTA and a FTA Trapping College graduate (class of 2010)
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 08:29:03 PM »

Tim thanks for the laugh. I haven't enjoyed anything that much in a long time !!!!
kkac
Global Moderator
Trapper

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 12:23:15 AM »

i can laugh now but when that dog did a couple flips and howled,  my pants got wet and my boots were dry if you know what i mean. Grin

dkennedy
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2015, 07:24:38 AM »

I looked at the site and like the size...it is deep enough you can set a 160 in it far enough back to keep most dogs out of it and if they did manage to set it off it should only whack them on the nose...

Wonder what the optimum depth would be to still catch the big boar coons but still keep most dogs out of it   Undecided

Not sure how folks feel about reviving such an old thread, but assuming more people have played around with these cubbys since it was posted, what is the answer to neotoxo's question?
Trav821
Administrator
Trapper

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2015, 06:46:16 PM »

I think Rocky calls them necroposters Thumbs Up!.  Bring'em all to the top this place can get kinda quiet sometimes.
I tried the smaller paper tubes for mink but didn't have any luck, the trap wouldn't hardly fit in there with the Sunday times record Doh!
dkennedy
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2015, 12:21:08 AM »

LOL
HSHAW
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2015, 12:28:15 PM »

that's to funny
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: