ATA Trapper Talk
December 15, 2019, 09:40:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATA TRAPPER TALK CODE OF ETHICS

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: THE IMPOSSIBLE WE CAN DO RIGHT AWAY...  (Read 9400 times)
neotoxo
Trapper

"I'LL GIVE AS GOOD AS I GET"

View Profile WWW
« on: September 15, 2011, 09:24:13 PM »

...MIRACLES WILL TAKE A LITTLE LONGER

OK, For all the District Representative/Directors...

From the Sec/Treas Membership Database I can send you a sort of ATA members in your district...Name, Ph and Email pretty quick.

Mark Alexander is much sharper than I on all the data manipulation and we are working together to help prevent double work.

The AGFC Trapping permit holders data is in Mark Alexander's hands and he is working vigorously to get it as accurate as humanly possible and sorted out in a fashion that can be used easily.  As soon as he finishes working his magic on the AGFC information there are some decisions to be made.

In all that information there are some who are ATA members, some who participated in the AGFC Trapping Survey, some who have email addresses and all others only snail mail addresses...

Tentative plans for the permit holders are to send out mass emails to non ATA members first to see how many respond or are not valid.  Non valid emails will be added to those with only snail mail addresses and the number that respond will kinda give a guesstimate on how many we may expect to respond across the entire population of permit holders.

This mass email will need to be a generic invitation with contact information and links to the ATA.  Also it will have the District descriptions and District Representative contact information.  Input and suggestions from each District Representative can be added so there isn't nine (9) separate versions floating through cyber-space.

I will be working on this generic invitation and will provide everyone involved a copy to review, make suggestions and additions to before it being finalized.

We are also trying to figure a way to do snail mail in a cost effective manner.  FYI, with as many as 2000 possible mailings and considering an approximate cost of $ .50 each you can begin to see that this can get expensive quick.  We want to do it cheaply and efficiently  with as little duplication and waste as possible.

If a District Representative wants a member listing like I described just PM me at the ATA Secretary/Treas username.
I'm bouncing between computers and user accounts and will need to keep at the ATA stuff flowing to the ATA computer.

IF ANY OF THIS IS INCORRECT OR PERCEIVED AS MOVING TO FAST PLEASE LET ME KNOW...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 09:31:57 PM by neotoxo » Logged

Proud Member of
East Arkansas Fur Takers, FTA Chapter 29B
SWAFT, FTA 29A
Arkansas Trappers Association
NTA,FTA,USSA
Supporting All Trappers and Sportsmen Alike
Wayne Watson
Administrator
Trapper

ATA President

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 07:44:28 AM »

Have you considered nonprofit mail?  Just a thought...

https://www.usps.com/business/standard-mail-for-business.htm

neotoxo
Trapper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 10:38:10 AM »

Have you considered nonprofit mail?  Just a thought...

https://www.usps.com/business/standard-mail-for-business.htm

At first glance that would seem to be the way to go but the fine print for using such options
reveals several hurdles for us....
1.  Those rates are targeted at saturation mail...I.E. flyers, advertising...most of the junk mail we receive
     *Our targets are specific addressed individuals
2.  The very best rates under these options come with being able to prove "Non-Profit" status...I.E. being
     qualified under one of the many variations of the IRS 501(c) rules...*We have no such status

I've been talking with my local USPS Post Master and will contact her again and double check on your suggestion just
to make sure I haven't overlooked an option.

Thanks Wayne

Proud Member of
SWAFT, FTA 29A
NTA,FTA,USSA
coonman
Mid-Ark Trappers
Trapper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 08:53:27 AM »

How about raise membership dues a couple of dollars.These dollars raised specifically set asside for mail outs.

21st Century Moutain Man
neotoxo
Trapper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 11:42:17 AM »

How about raise membership dues a couple of dollars.These dollars raised specifically set asside for mail outs.

Dues are a touchy issue...presently our membership dues pretty much cover the ATA's operating expenses...the proceeds from the convention also help.  When I start adding up all my membership dues it frankly scares me...ATA, NTA, FTA, NRA, AWF just to mention a few, I personally may not miss another dollar or two but others may...JMHO

Setting aside funds would make keeping two sets of books a must and when that fund gets low we would have to replenish it (ask for more)...

We can easily cuts the costs of Snail Mail by taking advantage of the USPS Mailing Permits options.

I am presently working the numbers on our Snail Mail cost and options and will talk with Gary Helms about it first before doing anything else.

Proud Member of
SWAFT, FTA 29A
NTA,FTA,USSA
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: